for Powder Bed
ESPRIT ADDITIVE FOR POWDER BED 3D SYSTEMS
FULL PROCESS SUPPORT FROM CAD TO PRINT FILE
A Clear, Simple, Guided Workflow and Process Control Traceability Integrated into SolidWorks
The ESPRIT Additive App for powder bed 3D fusion systems provides an optimized Part-to-Build workflow, allowing you to quickly move from native 3D CAD file to printed part.
The app is a versatile printer driver for additive manufacturing, supporting the full process from orienting the part and creating supports, to optimizing the build, slicing, nesting and then generating the job file for any additive machine.
Photo courtesy Renishaw
• Optimized Part-to-Build workflow
• Full process support – from CAD to machine file
• Supports all additive and subtractive machines
• Backed by world-class technical support
• Thermal simulation of the build process
• Knowledge Management for access to community best practices
• Integrated into SolidWorks CAD system
• Works with native 3D CAD files
ESPRIT ADDITIVE WORKFLOW ADVANTAGES
A 3D CAD FILE BECOMES A JOB
Additive manufacturing builds Parts that are defined by 3D CAD files. One or more 3D CAD file(s) are combined, prepared for building with the manufacturing information needed to build them, and converted into a job file, which is used by the machine to build the parts. The job file contains all information needed to build the parts in a specific machine.
Photo courtesy Renishaw
HOW IT WORKS
ESPRIT PART-TO-BUILD CHANGES EVERYTHING
A SIMPLIFIED, REUSABLE WORKFLOW
The ESPRIT Part-To-Build workflow divides the process of preparing the job file into two steps and creates a reusable intermediary file, the Part-To-Build file.
Any given Part-to-Build file may be used in one or more job files without redefining the manufacturing information.
• Time is saved by eliminating the need to repeatedly define the manufacturing information
• Consistency is improved – each time a part is built, regardless of the job file, it is built the same way
• Traceability is maintained – each build can be traced back to the original 3D CAD file and manufacturing information
THE PART-TO-BUILD WORKFLOW
An ESPRIT Part-to-Build file includes the original 3D CAD file, along with the manufacturing information needed to build it. This manufacturing information includes:
A PART-TO-BUILD FILE INCLUDES:
A JOB FILE INCLUDES:
• A part oriented in space for the build
• Support structures added to the oriented part
• Exposure strategies defined for the original part and its
• Slicing, which is performed to save time preparing subsequent
• One or more Part-to-Build files
• Nesting and repeated as needed
• Files formatted to specific machines